Work at MEMIC
Senior Network Engineer
Location: Portland, ME
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for providing complex networking solutions that include highly secure and dynamic networks on an enterprise level. The primary goal of the Senior Network Engineer is to ensure the smooth operation of the organization’s voice and data network in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the system users. The incumbent will provide high-level technical support for voice and data network systems and will be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems.
- Installs all new hardware and software for a Cisco Network.
- Evaluates, installs, configures, and manages complex network equipment and devices including routing and switching. Configures and maintains Cisco ACI software defined network and Cisco Firepower / and ASA Firewalls.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors and reports on system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Manages, configures and documents all system back-up and restore protocol, virtual environments.
- Responsible for MEMIC WAN/LAN Setup.
- Manages and supports F5 Load Balancing Environment.
- Manages, configures and assumes responsibility for production to collocation replication.
- Produces professional project plans for recommended network improvements, upgrades, and repairs including but not limited scheduling resources and back out plans.
- Institutes and adheres to equipment and communication standards in remote offices.
- Assists architecture and IT management on analysis, support, and approval of network and infrastructure design.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with 5 or more years’ experience.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or CNE certifications preferred.
- Must possess the expertise in creating network and enterprise-wide solutions that have the capacity to meet the demands of the business: Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, ACI, TCP/IP, DNS, VoIP, SIP, QoS, BGP, MPLS, VPLS, IPSec.
- Avaya CM Phone System Implementation and Support Experience as well as PRI / SIP / MPLS Implementation and Support. Experience with SIP Management and Implementations along with supporting SBC devices a plus.
- Knowledge of Virtual environments and EMC SAN devices is a plus.
- Exposure and understanding of Information Security policies and practices to include knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws a must.
- Strong interpersonal and communication, verbal and written skills a must.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to be self-motivated.
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Tier 3 Help Desk support Monday through Friday with weekend rotation, 24X7X365.
Apply by sending
resume to email@example.com
. You can also call 1-800-660-1306.