Location: Portland, ME
The Recruiter achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising managers; managing relocations and intern program.
- Participates in the design and implementation of overall recruitment strategy.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Creates and updates job descriptions, when necessary.
- Effectively recruits, sources applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups, job sites, colleges, career fairs and social media.
- Determines applicant qualifications by screening applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers, plus interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Schedules interviews with management; arranges travel, lodging, and meals; and escorts applicant to interviews.
- Manages pre-employment process, extends offer and coordinates on-boarding.
- Manages relocation by determining employee requirements, negotiating with movers, arranging temporary housing, and providing community introductions.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices.
- Participates in intern program by conducting orientations; scheduling rotations and assignments; monitoring intern job contributions; coaching interns; advising managers on training and coaching.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or related field preferred with 3-5 years of proven recruiting experience.
- Experience with IT recruitment highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes such as phone interviewing, pre-employment testing, reference checks, etc.
- Familiar with HR databases and applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent people skills as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills including ability to listen well and communicate clearly.
- Strong independent judgment and decision making skills.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and results driven.
- Organized and detail oriented a must.
Apply by emailing resume to email@example.com
. You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.