Premium Customer Account Analyst
Location: Portland, ME
The Premium Customer Account Analyst is responsible for maintaining the current status on billing and payments of a large group of direct bill policies. The Premium Customer Account Analyst provides the best in customer service for our insureds while keeping in line with the company's philosophy, objectives, and guidelines.
- Researches, resolves, and responds to billing inquiries from agents, insureds, and other departments which includes setting up and monitoring pay plans done outside the system for audits.
- Maintains billing records to a current status, including the issuance of cancellation notices, reinstatement notices, cash entry for premium, credit cards, deductibles, new business applications, and issuance of any revised bills as needed.
- Processes mail daily and inputs cash entry of mail.
- Reconciles daily cash activity including the editing and posting of cash, balancing cash adjustments, transferring money from premium to deductible when needed, recording the postings and deposits on the cash reconciliation, and investigating any discrepancies between the post and cash.
- Investigates Non Sufficient Funds (NSF) checks and takes action when needed.
- Processes lockbox daily and investigates any discrepancies.
- Requests return premium checks including updating the return premium check edit list, looking for errors, taking appropriate action on errors, matching the paperwork with the checks, and mailing the commissions.
- Performs other job related duties as needed which includes: sending out collection letters on delinquent accounts, preparing accounts for collection, trying to resolve audit and premium disputes and deductible disputes by referring the insured to the proper person and then following up to ensure the disputes are resolved.
How to Apply:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent with two years' insurance or accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong background in customer service a must.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met at the end of each month as well as annually.
- Must be able to deal effectively and patiently with billing personnel, other departments, customers and agents.
- Ability to be proficient in the understanding of Debit and Credits and how they apply to daily and monthly balancing.
- Must be flexible, self-directed, skilled at time management, and have the ability to handle changing priorities.
- Must have keyboard and ten-key experience.
Apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.