Work at MEMIC
Loss Control Analyst
Location: Portland, ME
The Loss Control Analyst provides technical support to the Safety Management Consultants on a wide range of loss control and safety activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: research and analysis on prospective and/or existing customers involving injury trends by industry, best practices in safety programs and workplace safety culture. In addition, the Loss Control Analyst will assist in the preparation of documentation that is related to site reviews and Loss Control Surveys, as well as participate in the delivery of training classes on a wide range of safety topics.
- Gathers and prepares prospect data for Safety Management Consultants which includes but is not limited to researching OSHA inspections, healthcare state surveys, and other critical areas identified to ensure compliance.
- Creates loss trending documentation by analyzing loss runs and identifying exposures; provides detailed report to Safety Management Consultant.
- Prepares Loss Control Surveys which includes but is not limited to: loading contacts, locations and other pertinent information into CRM Policy Screen and conducting loss reviews for prior years.
- Prepares site communication information which includes draft photo reports and research to help develop responses for Safety Management Consultants.
- Conducts office ergonomic visits for internal and external customers as well as provides additional support to the Chief Ergonomist, when necessary.
- Reviews, researches and updates safety-related PowerPoint presentations to ensure all references to regulations and standards are up to date and appropriately referenced.
- Writes Safety Blogs on new OSHA initiatives.
- Researches and prepares training/educational material for MEMIC customers on new OSHA standards and regulations.
- Assists with OSHA 10-Hour Outreach Training Classes (General and Construction) with Safety Management Consultants.
- Researches Specific OSHA and state regulations including letters of interpretations on requested topics.
- Researches and develops a list of dementia care state requirements and healthcare facility levels by state.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Engineering or other safety-related field required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards and letters of interpretations required.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet software required.
- High level of integrity, flexibility, and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced working environment.
- Strong attention to detail, good judgment, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Interacts with multiple departments including Underwriting, IT, Claims, and Communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including email/telephone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information confidentiality.
Apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.