Work at MEMIC
IT Senior Project Manager
Location: Portland, ME
The IT Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the process of delivering business outcomes from projects. The incumbent plans, executes, and delivers all projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the manager tracks project status and manages project teams to mitigate issues and risks. The manager works with Senior Management to resolve more complex problems and manages multi-year, multi-phase projects. Further, the manager is proactive in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
- Defines and creates project plans. Manages projects from conception and development to initiation and execution.
- Partners with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Builds, leads, and coaches multiple project teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Manages and mitigates risks.
- Facilitates all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Assesses and resolves all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
- Ensures all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company.
- Single point of contact for assigned projects.
- Continually updates relevant business stakeholder of project status.
- Ensures all projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in business case.
- Manages vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field plus a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing complex IT business projects or an equivalent combination of both.
- Experience working on project and portfolio management Tools (Visio, MS Project, Clarity, etc.).
- PMI certification or equivalent preferred.
- Must have experience presenting to Senior/Exec level Management.
- Knowledge of full systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of business objectives.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative).
- In-depth understanding of project management concepts.
Apply by emailing resume to email@example.com
. You can also reach us by calling 1-800-660-1306.