Work at MEMIC
IT Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Portland, ME
The IT Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for testing software products that are either built in-house, customized, or are third party software products. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be accountable for test planning and execution, defect reporting, and ensuring that systems are operational and client ready. The Analyst works independently on software projects from requirements analysis to go-live, will often be the lead or point on projects, provides guidance to other test team members, and assists on other projects as needed.
- Responsible for the quality of IT deliverables including testing (back-end quality control), design/program walk-through, and inspections (front-end quality control).
- Responsible for increased knowledge of technical domain needed for QA including test environments and tools related to the test management, manual, and automation test systems.
- Responsible for increased breadth of knowledge of various customer systems supported for effective defect discovery and prevention before and during test execution.
- Responsible for employing open, frequent, and proactive communication with QA Team, Development team, Business Analysts, PMs, and other members of the project team.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks on or before due date and escalating concerns/issues as needed.
- Leads and participates in software test projects as needed across the QA team and produces test status reports.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree with a background in Computer Science, Business or related field as well as 3-5 years of software testing experience or 5 plus years of formal software testing experience on multiple projects.
- Proven ability to produce and execute test plans and test cases with strong attention to detail, quality defect reporting, and test project status reports.
- Experience with Test and Dev management tools.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC and software quality assurance processes.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and lead test projects as needed.
- Some experience or exposure to test automation or previously software development experience desired.
- Understanding of Waterfall model and exposure to Agile methodologies.
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also call 1-800-660-1306.