Work at MEMIC
Financial Reporting Manager
Location: Portland, ME
The Financial Reporting Manager will manage and direct the Company's general ledger in accordance with promulgated accounting principles, to achieve finance goals and objectives. Primary responsibilities, in collaboration with team members, include maintaining the Company's fiscal records, establishment of accounting policies and procedures, cash flow projections, and mentoring of staff. The position will report to the Vice President Finance.
- Responsible for all general ledger accounting functions including financial reporting, compliance reporting, fixed assets and the general ledger.
- Coordinates and executes the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes including supervisions of financial statements, key reconciliations and reviews. Disseminates all reporting on a timely basis for use by management, the board and state agencies.
- Performs accounting research and advice on technical accounting issues including expense and revenue recognition issues as proper reporting of the same – supports the team in understanding of accounting research and any applicable update.
- Generates and continually improves reporting to Management, Board, and regulatory authorities. Responds to management inquires regarding financial information and performance measures, as needed.
- Participates in the external audit process which includes ensuring audit schedules are prepared and reviewed on a timely basis and the completion of the audit in a timely manner.
- Supports the COO, Vice President, Finance and Financial Accounting Operations Manager, and Tax Manager to ensure compliance with the internal controls requirements of various sections of the Sarbanes Oxley Act, including Section 404 to the extent any portion of Section 404 is applicable to insurance companies. This includes review of and the finalization of the preparation of policies and procedures and internal control documentation including those prepared by financial reporting or financial operations staff.
- Manages and enforces company financial reporting policies and internal control policies, coordinate annual budgeting and monitoring of budget.
- Leads and develops financial reporting or other applicable staff.
- Leverages the JD Edwards system by identifying ways to continuously improving the general ledger area to meet the needs of a rapidly growing business. Recommends upgrades if deemed necessary to meet improved business needs.
- Coordinates and reviews of quarterly and annual reporting to meet the different regulatory requirements.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or finance or equivalent and seven or more years of progressive financial and management experience in the area of general ledger accounting, consolidation, reporting and analysis.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Strong hands-on accounting experience, particularly with general ledger, reconciliation of accounts, fixed assets, and consolidations.
- Must be able to successfully supervise and meet deadlines.
- Proven experience, solid knowledge and understanding of state filing requirements, expense and revenue recognition, US GAAP, FASB, EITF, and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Key attributes include integrity, enthusiasm, action oriented, highly disciplined and a self starter.
- Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills as well as strong computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional, team oriented environment at all levels of the organization.
Email your resume to email@example.com
. You can also call 1-800-660-1306.