Work at MEMIC
Location: Portland, ME
The Financial Accountant position contributes to many functions in the Financial Reporting Department, including but not limited to: cash management, budgetary reporting, abandoned property, miscellaneous accounts receivable, and other accounting transactions and reconciliations. The position is also a key contact for support for claims customer service department and billing customer service.
- Prepare all daily cash journal entries into general ledger and associated daily or monthly account reconciliations for The MEMIC Group.
- Communicate regularly through email and phone to resolve any issues with external banking contacts.
- Support premium billing, claims, underwriting, and accounts payable with research of cleared/paid checks, monitor and initiate stop pays and perform historical research.
- Coordinate with the Premium Accounting Department to reconcile daily cash deposits to cash applications against the premium billing and claims systems and other associated requests for Premium Accounting Department.
- Prepare assigned regulatory assessment filings in various jurisdictions and communicates with various external state or other regulatory agencies.
- Assist with compliance and timely filing of 1099’s and abandoned property for The MEMIC Group.
- Obtain knowledge of insurance statutory reporting requirements by researching appropriate accounting literature and attending insurance accounting seminars as necessary.
- Assist in general accounting, billing, reconciliation, and reporting functions of the Company as required for all The MEMIC Group entities.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of general ledger accounting experience and industry experience, or equivalent work and education experience.
- Must have a sound understanding of accounting procedures and techniques.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative and creativity.
- Ability to complete projects on a timely basis, identify problems and bring them to the attention of supervisor.
- Good verbal and written communication and organization skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Email your resume to email@example.com
. You can also call 1-800-660-1306.