Work at MEMIC
Location: Portland, ME
The Claim Trainer is responsible for planning, developing and delivering training programs that meet specific needs for the Claims Department. The trainer will collaborate with the claims management team to identify and analyze learning gaps and opportunities to facilitate staff development and promote continued high performance.
- Designs, develops, and implements training programs, material and curriculum that identify learning and educational needs of the department.
- Delivers training through one-on-one new hire orientations, mentoring, classroom presentations, workshops, and e-learning to ensure consistency and compliance throughout department.
- Identifies learning gaps and opportunities and sets training strategies and priorities to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with management team to evaluate root cause of issues and recommends solutions to enhance employee performance.
- Partners with team members outside of the Claims Department to provide educational opportunities not related to claims, to enhance and develop employee skills and knowledge.
- Assists with EDI training and with the development of EDI crosswalks.
- Assists with the development and updating of audit forms, audit procedures, electronic data interchange processes, and jurisdictional specific procedure guides.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years of training and development experience along with 3-5 years of claim handling experience, or an equivalent combination of both.
- Must have working knowledge of workers' compensation claim handling procedures and a good grasp of workers’ compensation fundamentals and the state specific reporting requirements.
- Must possess a sound working knowledge of MEMIC claim procedures and jurisdictional compliance requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must have excellent presentation skills.
- Strong facilitation and development skills preferred.
- Coaching and mentoring background preferred.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented.
- Proficient in computer skills a must (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also reach us at 1-800-660-1306.